Thursday, September 2, 2010

Adirondack Adventure 2010 Saranac Lake, NY


August 14-21, 2010 myself and a friend spent a week at a camp on Lake Flower which is part of the 25 mile long Saranac Chain of Lakes. We paddled each day with the exception of Friday which we spent touring Lake Placid but I did test paddle two pack canoes at Placid Boat Works while I was there so I guess that counts. The variety of paddling opportunities in the area is unequaled within this aquatic playground with a plethora of public access sites. I must admit this is canoe country as some people camp in the wilderness for a week or longer at the numerous primitive camp sites that are available. Quite often we saw canoes loaded to a height of 2’ above the gunwales. I much prefer indoor camping as I refer to it but still do the campfire ritual. We had great weather with only few light showers early one morning that cleared the skies by 10am. Temperatures were in the 70’s cooling to about 50 in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment