Thursday, September 2, 2010

8-14-10


After a pleasant five hour ride we arrive at the camp situated on the Saranac River in the Village of Saranac Lake. The camp offers direct waterfront access although the shoreline is very rocky and log strewn. A two bedroom cabin, which offers a clean up to date environment for a lovely Adirondack feeling.
Before dinner we decide to go for a short paddle towards Lake Flower, we quickly learn that launching can be challenging as I fail to make a clean entry into the yak and get dumped into the water. A minor inconvenience as I empty the boat and relaunch from a slightly different location. We paddle towards the Village of Saranac Lake until the historic Hotel Saranac comes into view before reversing direction. Once again the take out proves a challenge as I slip on a rock as the boat crashes into another rock doing some significant damage to the gelcoat exposing a large section of Kevlar fabric. Fortunately I carry an emergency repair kit enabling the show to go on until permanent repairs can be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment